Wikileaks founder Julian Assange wrote this Op-Ed for The Australian today:
* WikiLeaks is fearlessly publishing facts that need to be made public.
* The dark days of corruption in the Queensland government before the Fitzgerald inquiry are testimony to what happens when the politicians gag the media from reporting the truth.
* (My idea is) to use internet technologies in new ways to report the truth.
* People have said I am anti-war: for the record, I am not. Sometimes nations need to go to war, and there are just wars.
* The Gillard government (Australia) is trying to shoot the messenger because it doesn’t want the truth revealed.